The saucer was finished at this point but I wanted it to look
like it had crashed. However I didn't want to change the model
so that the only way it could be used was as a crashed ship. What
I came up with was to create an extra bit of terrain that would
fit next to the saucer to make it look as if it had ploughed into
I used a bit of the blue foam as a base and using the same
technique as for my Earth Elemental, the left over bits of my
yoga brick were glued together to form a pile of earth and rocks.
I kept sticking bits on until I had a good enough pile which
looked like part of the saucer edge had been buried.
When the pile of rocks and dirt was big enough I then painted
it, trying to match the colour of my gaming mat. I also added
a bit of flock to give that ploughed up ground look.
Although the rubble pile was complete at this stage, for
the game I was putting on I positioned the crashed saucer
as having crashed through some fencing. So I made some more
fencing and bent it around the rubble pile. I think this
made the crashed saucer look much better.